There is an image error being flagged. (And viewed about 50 times a day
Jcwf 02:36, 2 Eanáir 2009 (UTC)
>2000 hits a day is not too bad for a tiny wikti, I think. Jcwf 02:46, 2 Eanáir 2009 (UTC)
- Indeed!! :) I'm not seeing the image error, though. Which one is it? - Alison ❤ 08:39, 2 Eanáir 2009 (UTC)
It was the Vicifhoinse icon, but I longer see it either. Did they replace it or so? Not that it matters. Jcwf 16:07, 2 Eanáir 2009 (UTC)
- Aha!! Y'know - I reworked Teimpléad:Comhthionscadail last week and fixed it all, unbeknownst to myself :) - Alison ❤ 20:39, 2 Eanáir 2009 (UTC)
Hi Alison, do you have a younger brother, by any chance? You're a little old for me, and I'd love to date an Irish-speaker. --Agricoleur 21:45, 5 Eanáir 2009 (UTC)
- lol - nooo, sorry. I don't :O - Alison ❤ 04:09, 6 Eanáir 2009 (UTC)
Fáilte from the Alibot[athraigh]
Not that I'm stalking you but the 'Athruithe is déanaí' page is full of welcome msgs from AliBot. The msg contains some grammatical errors (corrected in bold below):
- Haigh, a Johnny the Vandal, agus tá fáilte romhat chuig an Vicífhoclóir! Go raibh maith agat as do chuid dréachtaí. Tá súil agam go mbainfidh tú taitneamh as d'am anseo! Tá sé éasca ailt nua a chruthú agus, más maith leat, téigh go dtí an Halla Baile chun caint leis na h-eagarthóirí eile, nó téigh go dtí an Lárionad Chomhphobail chun na heachtraí is déanaí Vicífhoclóir a fheiceáil.
- Le d'thoil, sínigh do chuid theachtaireachtaí ar leathanaigh phlé le ceithre tildí ; ionsaítear d'ainm úsáideora agus an dáta go huathoibríoch.
Also, in surnames a shéimhiú follows 'Ní' so at the top of your user page it should be Eilís Ní Chasaide. I could change this myself but that would be a bit presumptuous :) (Usjes 22:44, 10 Eanáir 2009 (UTC)).
- Thank you *so* much for these corrections. Bear in mind that it's over 20 years since I had any real dealings with an Ghaeilge - tar éis m'árdteist :) Mar sin, táim beagán 'meirge'. Please do feel free to correct me any time you like - it's the best way for me to learn. Beir bua agus GRMMA - Alison ❤ 04:42, 29 Eanáir 2009 (UTC)
Remind me sometime to learn Gaelic...
The iMac died. :( Kylu 06:54, 5 Feabhra 2009 (UTC)
- Ooooh :( That reminds me of something. Gah - I'm so ... ugh!! :p - Alison ❤ 08:45, 5 Feabhra 2009 (UTC)
There's another error there. Jcwf 06:54, 8 Feabhra 2009 (UTC)
- Oops! Where? - Alison ❤ 07:48, 8 Feabhra 2009 (UTC)
- Vicifhionse had no picture again, but now it is back... Sorry.
Anyway, I have a favor to ask. I have been making windroses like nl:sjabloon:windstreken-nld. (Try and click somthg) I have them for eng, rus, nld and deu so far Could you help me make one for Gaelic? Jcwf 00:55, 10 Feabhra 2009 (UTC)
- Yeah, I'd love to :) Leave it with me! - Alison ❤ 01:15, 10 Feabhra 2009 (UTC)
Hmm, did's and dod's, not to mention the other ones, eh?
Jcwf 19:17, 10 Feabhra 2009 (UTC)
- lol - yeah!! ^_^ - Alison ❤ 01:39, 11 Feabhra 2009 (UTC)
- Vicifhionse had no picture again. What's going on?
Jcwf 03:29, 21 Feabhra 2009 (UTC)
Interwicket user page[athraigh]
Hi, the bot will leave the templates at the top of the page. But please unprotect it, the bot dumps a very messy exception (which it does recover from ...) each time it tries to check its page here. Robert Ullmann 05:23, 24 Feabhra 2009 (UTC)
- Déanta - ok, you should be fine now :) Sorry about that! - Alison ❤ 07:02, 24 Feabhra 2009 (UTC)
please send your real-name, your wikiname, your Freenode-nick (if you have one), your prefered login-name and the public part of your ssh-key to . We plan to create your account soon then. --DaB. 23:33, 11 Márta 2009 (UTC)
- Déanta - thanks! - Alison ❤ 04:25, 12 Márta 2009 (UTC)
188.8.131.52 04:48, 16 Bealtaine 2009 (UTC)
- lol - that's hilarious!! ^_^ - Alison ❤ 08:21, 16 Bealtaine 2009 (UTC)
Olá Alison! Obrigado pelas boas-vindas. Luan (discussão) 19:58, 18 Feabhra 2010 (UTC)
Would you know how to fix this?
Jcwf 22:08, 10 Meitheamh 2010 (UTC)
- Hey Jaap. Arriving a bit late to the party here :) Did this get fixed? - Alison ❤ 07:22, 7 Iúil 2010 (UTC)
An Interesting Development[athraigh]
Does the Vicífhoclóir have a policy regarding the alphabet which should be used for entries? Recently the user Ruadhanogliosain has started creating new entries using the old Cló Gaelach rather than the Roman alphabet. eg.
ſpɼiocṫeanga, bain.⁴ (iol. ſpɼiocṫeangaċa)
Iſ í an ſpɼiocṫeanga an teanga atá tú a ḟoġlaim nó a ḃfuil tú ag aiſtɼiú ċuici.
which in the Roman alphabet would look like:
Sprioctheanga, bain.⁴ (iol. Sprioctheangacha)
Is í an sprioctheanga an teanga atá tú a fhoghlaim nó a bhfuil tú ag aistriú chuici.
The Cló Gaelach is intelligible to me but I'm wondering if it mightn't be a bit confusing for the average user, also the question arises, will we end up with two different pages for every word and which one will be returned by the search function? Interestingly if I search for 'breosla' currently it brings me to the 'breoſla' page. Obviously I don't want to discourage a new contributor but I can see that this could get very messy if there isn't some sort of official policy.
Usjes 21:54, 8 Mí na Samhna 2011 (UTC)
Over a year ago, I requested to be unblocked from English Wikipedia and promise to not edit again. I have kept my words. However, now, I want to edit in En Wikipedia again. It bothers me that when I see something wrong such as bad grammars, sentence structure... I can't fix it. I'm asking permission to edit in En Wikipedia again. I probably only edit grammatical things whenever I see them while reading on Wikipedia. I don't plan to edit contents wise to it any time soon. Thanks!Trongphu (talk) 06:19, 13 Bealtaine 2015 (UTC)
- If you're going to respond to this in the future, please send me a message on my user talk page at Vietnamese Wiktionary. Thanks!Nguyentrongphu (talk) 00:52, 22 Bealtaine 2015 (UTC)